We are now accepting adoption applications for Prince. This is what his foster home is saying about him:
– Prince knows “sit,” “stay,” “shake a paw,” “go in/on,” & “off.”
– Prince LOVES chewing and has learned quickly appropriate things to chew.
– Prince loves to chase balls or sticks, and we are working on fetch, and general recall.
– Prince is housetrained, and has only ever had one accident inside (I think he was actually trying to mark territory pre neuter)
– Prince happily sleeps all night (8hrs) and gives a little whimper in the morning when he is ready to get up.
– Prince is VERY affectionate. He will come to you for pats and snuggles, likes to be with you wherever you are in the house and does not seek out alone time.
– Prince is currently moderate-high energy but is obviously still full of puppy energy!!!
– He likes to rough-house with dogs and is very mouthy. He shows NO dog aggression.
– Prince adores Bella (his foster sister), and needs to be told to stop playing, rough housing, licking/nibbling her etc. Bella is 6 years old, and only interested in bursts of play… not hours!!! He is very dog friendly!!
– Prince is very vocal when you come in the house, and extremely vocal when visitors first arrive.
– Prince is learning appropriate manners for meeting people and welcoming us home. He currently jumps up on people when saying hello.
– Prince has not yet been introduced to children. Due to his size and exuberance in meeting new people he should be introduced carefully.
– Prince is learning to walk on a leash. He will need continued work with this as he does pull occasionally.
– Prince shows some fear of moving vehicles. He whimpers or barks when vehicles drive past when we are out for a walk, and tries to pull away or lunge. (Possibly related to his accident?)